As you all know, I'm a huge fan of Nocturna, a once a month 18+ goth/industrial club night DJ'd by Scary Lady Sarah. It's usually held at the Metro, but sometimes it is held at the Bottom Lounge.
Sarah's page: http://www.facebook.com/scaryladysarah?fref=ts
Nocturna's page: http://www.facebook.com/events/259281710861258/permalink/259281714194591/
The Alley does give-away bags for the raffle occasionally (once we even gave away a leather jacket!) Last year and this year we gave away magestic giftbags stuffed with Alley goodness to the 1st, 2nd and 3rd place costume contest winners at the Halloween Nocturna!!!
People came out in droves to this awesome night, and the costumes didn't disappoint! Glitterguts photobooth was there as well to capture all the amazing costumes. We took pics of the three winners with their awesome prizes, but if you'd like to check out more look here: http://glitterguts.com/photobooth/nocturna-7
1st prize went to Peg and Al Bundy
2nd prize went to Pinata
3rd prize went to Lelu from Fifth Element
Congrats to the winners! Hopefully I'll see everyone out at the next Nocturna! (friday Nov 30th at the Metro)
The Alley loves Halloween and, in honor of this amazingly fun holiday we wanted to share some of Chicago's scariest local ghost stories and urban legends with everyone. Chicago has some creepy and spooky skeletons hanging in the back of it's proverbial closet and we aim to open the doors to shed a little light on some famous, some infamous, and some lesser known myths from the Chicagoland area.
We'd like to present to you; The Six Days of Helloween.
Starting on Friday, the 26th, we will begin posting one article each day focused on one of what we think are the scariest of Chicago's Urban Myths. We will try and give you the history behind the hauntings, the cold spots, the disappearing hitchhikers and locations where you can find them yourselves. That is, of course, if you think you are brave enough to go to the most terrifying locations in Chicago during the most frightening week of the year.
I know that anyone reading this must be sitting on the edge of their seat, biting their nails with anticipation for the countdown to start on Friday. So, in the meantime, I've decided to share with you a list that should get you in the spirit of things.
The Alley's Helloween brings you:
The 10 Most Haunted Bars & Nightclubs of Chicago!
Here is the perfect guide map to your Halloween pub crawl. Below are the scariest and most haunted locations that you can also get wasted at. Enjoy a cold one with a cold corpse, but don't come crying to us if you loose your soul with a deal with a devil at one of these ghost infested pubs!
- Bucktown Pub – Haunted by Walter Bochenek, a former owner, who likes to throw things. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jV4o2vUoC8o
- Edgewater Lounge – The former owner, Mary, haunts the upstairs apartment and is sometimes seen in the bar itself. http://www.chibarproject.com/Reviews/EdgewaterLounge/EdgewaterLounge.html
- Ethyl's Party – Haunted by ghosts from the funeral home the building once was. http://www.chibarproject.com/Reviews/EthylsParty/EthylsParty.html
- Excalibur Nightclub – The building is said to be haunted, as it was used as a makeshift morgue for victims of the Eastland Disaster of 1915. http://www.excaliburchicago.com/supernatural.php
- Fireside Inn – Ghosts from Rosehill Cemetery across the street not only linger in our world but apparently like to cross the street for a brew. http://www.chibarproject.com/Reviews/Fireside/Fireside.htm
- Gold Star Bar – Haunted by a would-be robber who was shot dead by the bartender. http://www.chibarproject.com/Reviews/GoldStar/GoldStar.htm
- Guthries Tavern – A former owner that died on the premises still hasn't quite made it out the door. http://www.chibarproject.com/Reviews/Guthries/Guthries.htm
- Hangge Uppe – Haunted by a women killed in this pub's speakeasy past http://www.chibarproject.com/Reviews/HanggeUppe/HanggeUppe.htm
- Liar's Club – One time owner of this club butchered his wife who now haunts the bar. http://www.chicagounbelievable.com/2009/10/liars-club.html
- Tonic Room – Holy crap, this place has it all, ghosts, satanic history, murder, you name it... http://www.examiner.com/article/haunted-chicago-bars
Well, I hope you found that both informative and interesting. Go order a pint from one of these places, but watch out who you talk to, they might not really be there.
Keep an eye out for our upcoming posts about the six most spine tingling stories from Chicago!
The artists at The Alley Tattoos will be doing Halloween themed tattoos for just $31 starting on October 26th through the 28th and all day on Halloween. Come get your creepy, crawly, and terrifyingly awesome tattoos from amazing artists like World Famous Nexer, Paul Schissler, Max Weber & Tony! Some restrictions do apply so check with one of our artists for more information. No appointments needed, walk-ins only!